Are you tired of looking at the same drab walls and windows day in and day out? If you answered yes, it’s time to add some color to your space. Interior house painting is one of the best ways to improve the look of your home and can have an immense impact on how your family feels when they walk in from their busy day.
Painting your home can have various benefits, including adding beauty and value to your home. Of course, it’s important that you find some great ideas to revitalize your home.
5 Interior House Painting Ideas to Refresh Your Home
1. A Touch of Sage
Sage green is a popular color choice for interior house painting. It’s a versatile color that complements many other shades and has a calming effect in a room. This earthy green-gray hue resembles dried sage leaves, making it a great neutral alternative.
Interior designers love sage green for its ability to match any decor style, from naturalistic to Scandinavian. It is a great color for bedrooms and relaxing spaces as it promotes serene energy.
Sage green is also an unexpected neutral and can add a subtle pop of color to a room. A painting company can help you choose the right shade of sage green and apply it professionally to your walls, cabinets, and other surfaces.
2. Accent Wall
Having an accent wall is another interior house painting idea you shouldn’t miss. They are a popular trend in interior design, where one wall in a room is painted or decorated differently from the rest to create a focal point. They allow for experimentation with colors, patterns, or textures, without overwhelming the entire room.
Accent walls can revitalize a home by adding drama, color, and interest to a space. They can be used to create a contrast, showcase a bold pattern, add pops of color, create layers of interest, or even paint the Ceiling to make a unique visual impact.
Here are ways you can create accent walls for your next interior house painting project:
- Black and White: By painting one wall jet-black and keeping the other surfaces white, you can create a dramatic contrast that goes well with any contemporary theme.
- Patterns: Bold chevron stripes or any playfully patterned wallpaper can make your accent wall stand apart.
- Pops of Color: Even if you don’t like the color too much, subtle pops of impactful shades like burgundy, violet, or tangerine will elevate the décor of your room to a new level.
- Layers: By painting one wall a different color, you can create layers of depth and focal interest. Use variants of the same shade in design elements around the room, and create a cohesive look.
- Paint the Ceiling, too: Most people ignore the room’s fifth wall—the Ceiling! By choosing to paint the Ceiling in a bold, strong color, you can make a stunning visual unlike any other.
3. Coastal Chic
Coastal Style is a decorating style inspired by the ocean and shoreline, characterized by its use of oceanic colors such as blue and green and beachy hues like beige and warm gray. It evokes the peaceful and grounded feeling of the ocean through the use of color, texture, and elements inspired by the beach or water.
When it comes to color palette, Coastal Chic is pretty specific, and you’ll need to use blues, greens, beige and white. Sandy neutrals, nautical blues, soft yellows, and easy-going white paint colors combine for a casual coastal color palette that radiates charm.
You can ask a painting company to help you create the perfect coastal chic look in your home by choosing the right colors and applying them professionally.
4. Color Blocking
Color blocking is a trend in interior house painting idea. A simple way to incorporate color blocking in your room is to have a neutral or white base color for the walls and then paint the upper half of the wall with a bright or darker color.
There are many styles of color blocking to consider. Some popular styles include:
- Bold Hues: This style involves using bold hues such as yellow, orange, cherry red, lime, or fuchsia on different walls of a room. This is a unique way to highlight a small space and express a design aesthetic that is innovative and daringly creative.
- Variations of one bold hue: This is a great way to go for those who want bold but not too bold. This style uses variations of one bold hue, such as light, medium, and dark lime, on separate walls.
- Earth Tones: This interior house painting style involves choosing colors from browns and other natural hues to add depth and layers to spaces, especially for larger and family rooms. Earth tones also have a calming, soothing effect on the mind.
- Unique Colors: This style involves choosing colors you love yet haven’t often seen painted on interior walls, such as teals, purples, and peaches. Don’t be afraid to go dark or light or incorporate bold hue elements or earth-tone elements with your unique color choices.
5. Faux Painting
Faux painting, also known as decorative painting or faux finishing, is a popular method of interior house painting that can add a unique and sophisticated touch to any room. It is a technique that involves painting a surface to make it appear like another material, such as wood, stone, fabric, or metal. The result is a beautiful and realistic finish that can add depth and character to a room.
Faux painting can be done on various surfaces, including walls, ceilings, furniture, and even floors. It can create various effects, such as wood grain, marble, or a fabric-like texture. The final result is a stunning and unique look that can transform any room in your home.
If you’re interested in faux painting for your home, it’s best to hire a professional painting company or an experienced interior house painter. These professionals have the skills and knowledge to create a realistic and beautiful finish.
They can also help you choose the right colors and techniques to achieve your desired look. Some faux painting techniques, such as sponging, can be done by homeowners with some painting experience, while others, such as marbling, are more complicated and may require a professional painter’s expertise.
Final Thoughts: Spice Up Your Home with Creative Interior House Painting
Interior house painting is a way to change the color scheme and make the spaces look better, but it can also breathe new life into rooms that may have become drab and outdated. Whether you’re tired of your current interior paint color or just want a little more color, now’s the time to get started. Consider turning to the list below for inspiration and an easy way to get started.
A lot goes into a painting, but the result can be a beautiful, revitalized design, and you should rush to claim your piece of the home-improvement pie!
Burke & Crew is a professional interior house painting company that can help revitalize your home in no time. We work with homeowners to refresh their homes with creative exterior painting ideas. We offer free consultation services to help guide you through your project from start to finish!
Contact us today and our team will be happy to provide you with a detailed quote for your project and answer any questions you may have.